From:
Tim Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1992 12:50:51 EST
Well, here is my response to the hockey poll from WXK03.

1. No.
2. -
3. Olympic Ice Hockey
4. -
5. A, -
6. A
7. A
8. -
9. -
10. C
11. B, organized Street Hockey
12. -

Approximately a month ago, I created the Canton Street Hockey Association here
in Canton, Ohio.  I've always loved ice hockey but Kent State was the closest
rink (not very convenient for the people of Canton).  So I created the CSHA,
the next best thing.  We currently have 3 full teams and another in the making.
The growth of the CSHA has been extremely fast, reflecting other people's
discontent with the fact that there are no ice rinks in the area.  Everything
we do is organized.  Once we get 4 teams, we are starting a league/season type
of thing.  Right now we expect that to be sometime in the next 3 weeks.  We
play in an enclosed area so our rules are very close to NCAA Ice Hockey rules,
except for a few changes for play on foot.

I just joined this list about a month ago also.  I wish I had been here during
the Olympics, which I followed very closely.  I already tried to download a
file from the list, but my node wouldn't let me because of the size.

Oh well... If anyone has any questions regarding the CSHA, please ask.

* Tim Harrison       * Chairman of the Board            *
* R3TLH              * Canton Street Hockey Association *
* AkronVM.UAkron.Edu * Canton, Ohio                     *