From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1993 18:27:42 -0400
Jon Greene sent this to me, it's The Sporting News' Top 20 from their
hockey yearbook.  Jon says TSN has cut back on their college coverage
and didn't include schedules this time around - too bad.  The little
one-liners are omitted.  Among those rated high, I thought, were:
RPI, Miami, Maine, Michigan, Providence...rated low were BU, Harvard,
UNH, WMU (neither of previous two in top 20).

- mike

==========
     1. LSSU
     2. Wisconsin
     3. Rensselaer
     4. BU
     5. Miami
     6. Maine
     7. Harvard
     8. Michigan
     9. Minnesota
     10. MTU
     11. Clarkson
     12. Michigan State
     13. UM-Lowell
     14. NMU
     15. Denver
     16. Providence
     17. Bowling Green
     18. Alaska - Fairbanks
     19. UMD
     20. Alaska - Anchorage

     Notes:
     -  I left out the cute comments because some were too hard to take
     (e.g. "Engineers can put on a Little Majic show with Neil and
     Xavier.").
     -  These were put together prior to selection of the Olympic teams or
     late pro signings.  I would make significant changes to some of the
     rankings based on late developments (not to mention the fact that I
     would question some anyway).

     Jon
---
Mike Machnik           [log in to unmask]          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMN* 11/13/93