From:
Paul R Krueger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul R Krueger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1993 17:22:45 -0500

   Hey everybody. Just discovered this group so hopefully I'll be able
   to learn a little more about college hockey. Let me also say that I
   can't reply to someone else's post without sending them two copies
   of my reply. Sorry. If you see two straight messages with the same
   heading from me, chances are one is a copy and you can go ahead and
   delete it. Anyway...

>here's a question ... who WILL be the elite teams this year?  Does anyone
>expect real standouts or will the olympics tend to give college hockey
>more parity?  Too early to tell?  (It's never too early to speculate!  :-)  )

   I'm not exactly sure, but I'd expect Maine to be a power again. Man,
   were they an explosive team last year. I don't know how many key
   players Lake Superior State is losing, but they also seem to be
   building a bit a damn solid program.

   And of course, I think Wisconsin will return to prominence next year.
   Last year was disappointing as the team had a ton of talent, but never
   quite gelled, losing in the quarters of the NCAA Tournament (and this
   after 17,000-plus Badger fans were all psyched to see them at the
   Bradley Center in Milwaukee). Although Barry Richter has graduated and
   Dan Plante signed with one of the New York teams in the NHL, I still
   think UW will contend for the WCHA title and beyond. Jim Carey (sp?--
   it's been awhile since I thought about hockey) shows great promise in
   the net and several good players return. Plus, Sauer is a good coach.

   We'll have to wait and see I guess...

   salty