Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1992 00:10:55 EST
Just my two cents, but when it comes right down to it, hockey is a team
sport, therefore the only stat that really means anything is the two
numbers in lights when the clock says 0:00, period 3.  While goals,
assists, GAA, PPG, GWG, etc. are interesting (especially to people like
us who are slightly ;-) interested in the game) they really do not
matter.  This leads to one argument against the idea of a goal being 2
points while an assist is only 1.  It should not matter who puts the
puck behind the goaltender, as opposed to who set him up.  By making the
pass as valuble as the shot, it shows that the REAL important thing is
to score as a team, not to force a shot.  Maybe I am being a little
idealistic, but this late in the evening why not?

William Sangrey
Cornell '83&'93?
Let's Go RED!!!!