Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1992 17:19:59 EDT
Well at Carol's proding, I can fill in a few details about the benefit
last weekend.  I was at one of the shows.  The event was a fundraiser
for a local Hospice charity.  Included on the program were figure
skating performances by skaters out of a New York City group as well as JoJo
Starbuck.  The MC for the show was Dick Buttons, who was roundly booed for
admitting he was a Harvard alum.  He also had a bit of trouble introducing the
members of the team (a few Chech names, plus the odd French Canadian).  The
highlight of the show was the team in the tutus skating with Starbuck.  On the
whole it was quite ammusing to see 32 guys trying to be graceful without kill-
ing themselves or anyone else.  I could tell that some of the Frosh were unsure
about the whole deal, but the anonimity of the group helped.  The did form the
what ever you call it spiral line of players that grows each time with a new
person joining the end.  I did notice that the last few to catch the spiral
were the fastest on the team, (Shawn Hannah and Geoff Bumstead).  The other
note I made, (one that shows what a hockey nut I am, and gives me hugh amounts
of concern) only two players were wearing goalie skates.  And with 32 players,
I belive that at least 1/2 the JV team was in the show.  Somone better get Andy
  Bandurski a gaurdian angel, because he looks like he will be need it.  I will
 gladly answer any more questions about the event if there are any.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'93?
Let's Go RED!!!