From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1992 17:27:02 EDT
John Grover writes:
>>SEASON'S TIX -- $198 for 11 games.  These tickets are premium.
>
>    Make that 18 games!

Well, at $11 per game, that should make the Cornell fans feel a little
better (Lynah's going rate is eight or nine bucks a game).  But this reminds
me of something I wanted to ask before.  When I was in Portland about a
month ago, I heard on the radio an advertisement for some talk show or
other, stating that they were going to have the U of Maine athletic director
on, and they were going to be discussing whether Maine could afford to
remain a Division I school.  Is there a lot of concern about that up there?
I know a number of athletic departments have fallen on hard times recently,
forcing cutbacks and the like.  Has the hockey program been counted on more
than in the past to provide revenue to support other sports?  (Sounds like
this might be happening, with the relatively high ticket prices and that
donation/ticket scheme that John mentioned)  Just wondering...

Oh, by the way, the radio ad went on to say "...and we'll also ask if the
Alfond expansion will EVER be finished..."
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and probably '94