From:
Bradley Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bradley Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 11:47:58 -0400
On Fri, 30 Jun 1995, Glen Keeney wrote:

> I believe Western Mich hosting West Regionals is for 1997.  The 1996 West
> Regnl is at MSU, East Lansing.  I don't know anything about the Grand Rapids
> Arena, but they have had pro hockey teams in Grand Rapids.  Western Michigan
> is located in Kalamazoo, so the Grand Rapids arena is not their home rink.
> However, their home rink has relatively small capacity (don't remember
> exactly but in the 3000-4000 range.

 The arena in Grand rapids has not been built yet but I do beleive
they've started. The capacity of the arena is around 10,000.  Besides
possibly hosting the 1997 West Regional the arena will be home to a new
IHL team starting in the fall of 1996.

As far as air service goes, in order to get there you probably need to
go through Detroit, Minneapolis, Chicago, and I think Pittsburg (UsAir).
Outside of the Detroit area it's the second largest city in Michigan and
offers quite a bit of stuff to do.

Brad Carlson
Univ of Michigan '94 '96