From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 1994 16:38:01 -0500
Walt writes:

> While I have not seen every team in the nation play, from those that
> I have seen (including Harvard, RPI, Providence, Maine, all of the
> WCHA and most of the CCHA) I have got to believe that UM and the
> Lakers deserve to be 1-2.
>
> Walt Olson

Well, as an easterner who has seen all of the HE and about half of the ECAC
teams play.  I would say that, based on what I've seen on TV (GLI and last
night's game), Michigan is clearly the #1 team.  I agree with Walt very
strongly that they are the most talented.

LSSU's Lacher did not impress me.  He has great numbers and is very talented
but makes too many bad plays with the puck.  I like an aggressive goaltender,
but Lacher just has too many mental lapses (in addition to that short-handed
gift).

Michigan has speed, speed, and more speed, but they have ONE weakness...
   They are very shaky on their line changes.  I can't say exactly, but their
  shifts on the fly just don't look smooth.  Against the right coach, they will
  get caught.

Also, Michigan is not a half-ice team.  They remind me of the 1989 Harvard Team
in that they are deadliest when breaking out of their own zone.

One final note... Oliver may be the best player, but Shields always looks calm
and steady, and Wiseman has to be an All-American candidate.

Just the humble bablings of a crazed hockey fan...

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre