From:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1993 21:08:00 -0500
Subject: Re: ACHA (club) hockey

I don't know who is responsible for updating/upkeeping this list.  I noticed
some updates that need to be made, so I thought I would make the corrections
known.

>         1991-92 American Collegiate Hockey Association
>                  POBox 28, Deerfield IL 60015
>                          (708)940-1015
>
>EASTERN COLLEGIATE HOCKEY LEAGUE
>Gannon Univ                        Ithaca College
>Lemoyne College                    Niagara Univ
>Univ of Rochester                  SUNY-Albany
>SUNY-Cortland                      Syracuse Univ
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For over a decade, Cortland has competed on the varsity level in Division III
in the SUNYAC.  I doubt a small school like them would also field a club team
like Minn.

>INTERNATIONAL COLLEGIATE HOCKEY LEAGUE
>Univ of Buffalo                    Buffalo State College
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buffalo State has just moved up to the Division III varsity status after
completing a new sports complex -- and quite a nice one too.  They are
associate members of SUNYAC this year, and will be full members next year.
They are surprisingly doing extremely well at this new level.

>Conestoga College                  Erie Community College
>Niagara College                    Pennsylvania State Univ
>
>METROPOLITAN COLLEGIATE HOCKEY CONFERENCE - ISLAND DIVISION
>C W Post Coll/Long Island Univ     Fordham Univ
>Hofstra Univ                       SUNY-Farmingdale
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Interesting since Farmingdale is a 2-year school, but I guess at the Club level
it doesn't matter.

>SUNY-Maritime                      SUNY-Stony Brook
>
>MID-MAINE COLLEGE HOCKEY LEAGUE
>Bates College                      Colby College
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Colby is in the same status as Cortland -- a longtime member of Division III
(somebody from Colby can correct me).  They are in the ECAC East.

>Univ of Maine-Farmington           Thomas College
>Unity College

I knew there were a lot of schools playing club hockey, but I was quite frankly
amazed that there were this many.  I know the western schools want to try to
form a new Div. I conferance, but despite the potential for college hockey that
this list contains, I don't think many of these programs would survive on the
varsity level.
Russell Jaslow         |Official Contact: Potsdam College Hockey|My employer
Eastman Kodak Co.      |Potsdam College Bears -- 1981 and 1986  |has nothing
Rochester, NY          | NCAA Division III Basketball Champions |to do with
[log in to unmask]  and winners of 60 consecutive games!  |my drivel