From:
Ben Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Cloutier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1993 21:41:13 EST
If I have heard correctly, Tory's ineligiblity stems from classes that
he took in high school for a pass/fail grade.  Now he passed his pass/
fail classes but the NCAA looks at a PASS as a 'D'.

I find it hard to believe that the NCAA would be this stringent (Since
the pattern is to allow a .996 GPA, 410 SAT student to play college
sports).  I would think a 'C' would be a fair grade to assume for a
passing grade.  He may have recieved an 'A' in the course, who knows?

WHY IS A HIGH SCHOOL ALLOWED TO OFFER CLASSES ON A PASS/FAIL BASIS?   I
had never heard of this before.  IS SOMEONE ON DRUGS????????????????

If he couldn't have taken a pass/fail, this wouldn't have happened.

Ben,
UMaine