From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 91 12:00:57 EST
	It seems that everyone who has expressed an opinion on whether or not
sports should continue during a war or other type of crisis agree that they
should.  Something I also agree with.  Besides helping the people at home, I
think that it is more of a moral boost for the armed forces.  They can keep
track of what's going on at home.  Root for their favorite team.  Also, most
Americans feel that sports is depply integrated into our society.  As for
terrorist attacks, remember that the Olympic games in Munich continued despite
the killing of several Israeli atheletes.  There was a greater threat of harm
to participants and fans there than there would be at the Super Bowl.  The
Super Bowl is an American tradition and its cancellation would do more harm
than good.  My dad is there, he works for ABC Sports.  He says that they are
pouring a lot of concrete where chain link fences would have been.  He thinks
there are more precations than at any Olympics, including Munich in '72.  So,
sports should go, eventhough most of us are feeling "totally dis" about the
whole idea.  I would be more surprised if some one wasn't.

	BTW: Clarkson 3, SLU 0,  Chris Rogles gets his second shutout.  After
his play in the past three weeks, he is now THE starting goalie.  Clarkson
scored twice in the second period, Mark Green and Craig Conroy.  Conroy has
found a groove and has started scoring.  The third goal came in the middle of
the third period.  Kuntar and Rogles both had 26 saves.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,... (Fall '91!?)