From:
Nate Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 91 12:09:15 -0500
Brown is certainly the hottest team in the ECAC following Saturday
night's 3-1 win over Yale.  Brown is now 4-0-1 in it's last five,
beating Army, Princeton, Harvard, and Yale.  Strangely enough, the tie
was against lowly Dartmouth.

The star of the game was Brown goalie Finch, stopping 41 of 42 shots.
I guess I was a little too hard on the guy earlier in the season.

Brad Krieck opened the scoring when Brown had a 5-on-3 very soon after
the opening face-off.  Kaufmann tied it up for Yale later in the
period on a power play.  Darrin McKay added a goal in the second, and
Tim Chase slapped one home in the third.

It should be noted that Finch, who has really come on strong in the
past three weeks, is only a freshman, and Brown's highest scoring line
is made up of three sophomores.  Look for Brown to be a real power in
the next few years.

(Bill Fenwick, Arthur Mintz, etc.: Don't worry, I'll be sitting with
 the Cornell fans on Feb. 15!)

NOTE TO ALL ECAC AND HOCKEY EAST PEOPLE: There was a flyer at the game
that must be turned in by Feb. 14.  One lucky winner who can predict
the order of finish of the first four teams in BOTH leagues will win:
  * Two tickets to Hockeyfest, all three nights!
  * Hotel rooms too, all three nights!
  * Tickets to the Bruins game that Saturday afternoon too!
This is not just a Brown thing, so everyone make sure you get to a
game by Feb 14 and turn in your entry.

Nate