From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 91 18:12:50 -0700
Mike_M writes:
> Carol writes:
>>                                          I must say that I was very
>> unimpressed by Brad Buetow's very "bush-league" coaching methods. He is a
>> "win-at-all-costs" coach, who lets (instructs?) his players to repeatedly
>> knocktheir net off its' moorings, have instantaneous equipment problems when
>> the tempo was high for the Gophers, let his captains consistently whine to
>> the Ref delaying the game, AND try again and again to get the last line
>> change as the visiting team. I have absolutely no respect for him as a coach.
>
>     Hmmm...and just where did Mr. Buetow come from, prior to Colorado College
>     and three years at U.S. International?
>     :-) :-)

His teams have been chippy ever since he was at USIU.  I have mixed emotions
about the man. He has done well for CC as their program has improved its
winning percentage under his guidance, but Carol's points are well taken. There
was a similar brawl (well not quite as bad) at the end of the 2nd period of the
second CC - Princeton game. A CC player was checked over the boards into the
Princeton Bench and then all sorts of stuff broke out. Rudy called a double
minor on Princeton and two minors on CC giving CC a 4 on 3 advantage and then
Princeton a 5 on 4 edge.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  ..!{ucar|nbires}!boulder!cdash
  or even     cdash@colospgs (BITNET)     -or-  (719) 593-3492