From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 16:26:43 -0500
The word on Tsongas is that it won't be ready
until after the new year. Last I heard they were
projecting the 1/23 game against Providence as the
opener but even this wasn't guaranteed.

What is guaranteed however is that the new rink
will be "fantastic" and I can vouch for that. It
will likely be the premier rink in HockeyEast.
I've yet to tour the facilities for the players
but they promise to be exceptional. Its a lot like
Whittemore accept that you'll have to climb to the
concourse level when you enter the building. But
everything else is great. Nice cushion seats in
the last five rows all the way around the rink and
then some at center ice (all but the first five
rows). The seating makes a complete bowl and the
incline is high enough to keep everyone close to
the ice.