From:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 22:56:58 -0500
  Bowling Green held off a pesky Buckeye team Friday night and won by a
score of 7-5.  BG scored the first three goals of the game with tallies
coming from Dave Faulkner,Tommy Glantz,and Chad Ackerman before OSU would
score three of their own goals coming from Whidden, and two from BG
native Adam Smith.  The Falcons would go ahead up 5-3 with goals from
Mike Hall and Kelly Perrault.  Perrault scored his goal with less than 2
minutes left in the second period with BG on a 2 man advantage.  Perrault
would score his second goal of the game 35 seconds into the 3rd to make
BG successful for 2 goals on the 2 man advantage and for the 6-3 lead.
But the Buckeyes were not to be outdone as they did their best Western
Michigan imitation and made the score 6-5 with goals from Sellers and
Power to put a little fear into the BG crowd.  But Falcon Jason Clark put
the game away when he scored shortly after Power's goal.

  The Buckeyes impressed me tonight with their new spark and
determination to win games.Having a new coach has really put some life
into the OSU club.  I'm a little wary about the game Sunday between the
same two teams.  The Buckeyes held their own with the Falcon's up tempo,
speedy style of play and I think OSU will play just as well on the
Fairgrounds arena's large ice surface.  But I still see a BG victory :-)

Alex's 3 stars:

1.Kelly Perrault(BG)- 2 power play goals.The second of which BG assistant
coach Brian Hills says is probably still shooting down I-75!!

2.Kurt Brown(OSU)- The guy had 41 saves with quite a few coming on high
quality scoring chances.Played a helluva game.

3.Mike Johnson(BG)-  I believe he had 2 assists.Mike was all over the ice
tonight playing his heart out.

Play of the game-  Chad Ackerman's goal.  Started out from behind his own
net, skated along the right boards, went behind the OSU net, circled out
around in front untouched to score a beautiful coast to coast goals.

  Dean Bell will probably be posting all of the game stats soon

Holzinger for Hobey Baker!!!