From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 14:26:04 -0700
While consuming my umpteenth meal of leftover turkey and listening to the
only live game I'll get til the NCAAs, the BU-Maine game out of the Forum,
I heard one of the announcers mumble something about so-and-so being a
Hobey Baker nominee.  Now, I know about the award, etc, but one question I
have always had (and it is nice to tap all that knowledge out there!) is
that it *appears* that the nominees are made before the season starts
presumably on the laurels of years past and promises of the current year
to come.  Is this true?  Is there any room for a "late bloomer?"  Perhaps
someone who had a good year last year, but not a great one, and suddenly
comes on like gangbusters for this year?  Are there wildcard nominees
during the season?  I realize this is probably an unlikely turn of events,
but it would seem strange to me if some allowance for it were not made.

I apologize if this is an FAQ or has been previously been answered!!  I
have seen little, if any, Hobey Baker references since May when I joined!

Go Engineers!!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64