From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 14:23:09 EST
I'm just wondering if there are any Alaska-Fairbanks fans on this list who
may be able to tell me the names (and the station) of the two gentlemen
who do the radio broadcasts of Nanook games.   During the Alaskan
Freezeout tournament, the Lowell stations WLLH picked up the broadcast of
the Lowell-Fairbanks game, as I was expected.  (The time difference was a
nightmare, however.  Game didn't start until 11:30 Eastern Time!)

What was a pleasant surprise was that for the two remaining Lowell games,
(vs. Western Mich. and UIC), the same two guys called the game explicitly
for WLLH.  At first, I thought they were just broadcasting all the
tournament games to the Fairbank community, but it was clear as the
weekend went on that it was strictly for the Lowell audience.  (Using the
call letters for the Lowell station and not their own was the tip-off :-)
 )

Anyways, I just wanted to thank them and their station for their effort.
They did an outstanding job.  If anyone know's how I can reach them,
please let me know.  (All I can remember was that their names were Bruce
and Bob!)

One of the best quotes they had was during the first game: "Bruce, I'm a
little dissappointed with the turnout here tonite."  "Maybe the -45 degree
temperature has something to do with it.  I expect a bigger crowd
tomorrow.  We're supposed to get a warm front and the temperature might
get up to -10!!"

Also, I listened to the games, read the boxes and the articles, but I
can't seem to find a list of the all-tourney team.  Anyone...?

Steve Weisfeldt
Univ. of Lowell  1986, 1988                       Home of the 'Hawks!!
[log in to unmask]                          3-2-1 [1] (5-4-3)