From:
Tony Hejna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1992 11:44:40 EDT
  Apparently what happened is that in the tunnel, several of the
Wisc. Players wanted a piece of McConahgy (sp??). There were NCAA
officials, one pushed a Badger, and got thrown  out of
the way. Subsequently, he a a linesman were hurt.  The area was sealed
off by Albany Police, who let no-one in the area (and locked the teams
in their room) until the refs were showered, changed and escorted out
of three different exits.
  Now as a former player I will make the following remark for you all
to take or leave --  In order for a team to "snap" like Wisconsin did,
something had to be very wrong.  I have played in  over a thousand  hockey
games in my life, and will say there had to something very wrong for
what happened to happen.  Fact is, if I were a Badger, I would have
likely lost it too. Hell, I almost lost it in the Times-Union box at
the game on Sat. just watching that travesty.  Maybe I would have been the
first one to try and hit that clown, but fact is, unless you have ever
been there -- getting screwed by a guy who wouldn't know a 2-1-2
forcheck if it hit him in the head -- you probably can't relate to
what the Badgers went through.
  As for the NC$$ investgation, I can't speak highly of that
organization either, so I'll just let it be, but I hope no penalties
are brought against Wisconsin (sorry all you pacifists out there).

BTW -- For all you Anti-NC$$ people out there, let me suggest the following
two books (they are worth finding, even if you have to order them)
  1. Undue Process: The NCAA's Injustice for All  by Don Yaeger
  2. Shark Attack: Jerry Tarkanian's Battle with the NCAA and UNLV -- also
 by Don Yaeger.

    Best wishes,  Tony