From:
Jennifer L Iwen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer L Iwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:20:52 -0500
Was it just me or did Minn/OSU look pretty sloppy?  I can't say I was
paying horribly close attention to the first game, but if OSU keeps
playing this way, they're not going to be anywhere near #4 at the end of
the year. Minnesota made some nice defensive plays and consistently
blocked shots in front of the net.

SLU looked MUCH better than anyone expected -- they kept up with the #1
team in the nation the entire game.  I was expecting a
blowout, as I'm sure were many others. It was a very well-played
game -- too bad there were only about 100 people in the stands by the
third period (including both teams and arena personnel). Our "E-A-G-L-E-S"
chant sounded pretty loud with all the echoing :) Buckley had a great
third period defensively, taking the puck away just about every time a
Saint came near him. SLU seemed a little chippy, especially #15 Harney. If
BC keeps this up, they'll be in Anaheim.  And if SLU keeps their play up,
I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the NCAAs.