Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:04:43 -0500
It also doesn't mean much without a comparison to the university-wide mean.
For example, I assume (assume -- no facts, nothin' but guesswork here) that
the average grade received at most universities is higher in the College of
Arts and Sciences than it is in the College of Engineering.  Call it what
you will: grade inflation, different missions for different colleges, yadda
yadda... but a GPA by itself doesn't mean a lot.

I'm pretty surprised that this info is released to the public.  As long as
the athletes are satisfying their requirements according to the rules of
their university and the NCAA, we have no right to know.