From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:11:13 -0600
Eeyore wrote:

> As Erik Biever pointed out to me, the Target Center should be added to the list of
> large posible venues.  While I still think this is too large an arena for a
> regionals (you won't see them at the Fleet Center, I bet), it would probably be the
> best bet as it always fills well for Gopher games and is at least within some
> proximity of St. Cloud and Duluth, if either team can get back to the tournament.

Next year's West Regional is in the Kohl Center in Madison, with seating
for over 14,000.  It will be provide a good test case for how the West
Regional can fare in a larger arena.  I do think that the Target Center,
Mc Nichols Arena, Bradley Center, and the Joe are all too large.

I'm tempted to suggest that the NCAA could maximize revenue by locating
the 1999 East Regional in Madison and the West Regional in Minneapolis,
but it would be ... wrong.  ;-)

-- Erik