From:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:32:10 -0500
With the Major Junior Rule continuing it's chokehold on the College
Hockey talent pipeline and the NC$$'s continued lack of interest in
loosening it, I think that College Hockey should look to the USHL to
supply most of it's future talent base.  The USHL has the potential to
increase the talent level of United States Hockey to the point that US
Colleges won't have to depend on our neighbors to the north as much as
they do now.  I believe that it's important for fans of College Hockey to
support the USHL whenever they can.  If you're within driving distance, go to
a game.  Promote it whenever and however you can.  Also, support local
youth hockey programs in your area (Remember, that's where it all
starts!).  Hockey still lags behind other sports in the United States,
and it's up to the fans to promote the game, not just Coaches and College
AD's.  I'm not anti-Canadian, (please don't think that) I just think that
hockey has a long way to go in the United States and that we as fans
should do our part to promote it.  Just a thought.....

Brian.
(GO SIOUX, LET'S REPEAT!)