From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:07:56 -0500
On Mar 13, 18:02, Jayson Moy wrote (to the info list):
>Player of the Year:
>Todd White, Clarkson  31 pts

No sh**.

>Dryden Award:
>Trevor Koenig, Union 32 pts

No sh**. (the award goes to the best goaltender)

>Rookie of the Year
>JR Prestifilippo, Harvard 24 pts

No sh**.

>ECAC Coach of the Year:
>Stan Moore, Union

[ JAW DROPS ]

What?

WHAT??????

Hold on, lemme explain... certainly Moore is well-deserving of the award,
considering the job he's done at Union, but what happened to the ECAC's rather
long-standing apparent prejudice against rookie coaches?  And if Moore, as a
first-year guy, garners the award this year, I need an explanation as to why a
certain rookie coach LAST year (and you know bloody well who I'm talking about)
who did at least as amazing a job with his team as Moore did this year was
overlooked for the award? (not to mention why the same fellow wasn't even
runner-up this year... but I might be able to guess at a reason or two for
that...)

Well, anyway, congratulations to Coach Moore and the other award winners.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"I believe Marcel Marceau said it best."
-- Madeline Kahn, "Cosby"