From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:31:37 -0500
> Eric Boguniecki, Dan Enders, Jayme Filipowicz, Erik Johnson Rob
> Gagnon, Joey Moran and John Sadowski from New Hampshire.
>
> UNH players sit out tomorrow at Maine; PC players miss Friday night's
> home game against Lowell.

Boguniecki and Filipowicz will actually miss both the Maine game tonight and
the next game with Providence at UNH on the 26th.  Bogey was DQ'd earlier this
season when he left the bench during a fight at Merrimack.  Bogey wasn't
involved in the fight at Merrimack and the left the bench to tell the players
to stop fighting, but the rules are the rules.

I believe Filipowicz picked up his first DQ at Lowell.  That was the incident
that led to a Lowell fan and his son getting tossed from the stands.

> Hard to believe the coaches/assistants didn't get anything for helping
> to ignite the fight (one UNH assistant went after a PC player, and
> right after, Dick Umile passed by one of his own players and told him
> to keep hitting one of the PC players), but maybe some disciplinary
> action will happen later??

I was also surprised that the coaches weren't sanctioned.  But I think we're
beginning to tell tales of Umile telling his players to keep fighting.  I
don't believe that's the case and in the past Umile has always been one to
make an effort to keep his players under control.

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425