From:
Matthew Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 11:52:58 -0800
On Wed, 12 Feb 1997, Rick McAdoo wrote:
> the collision was rough but legal.  Based on how hard he was hit, I doubt
> that Chris will be available for this weekend's games with Merrimack, but
> you never know ...

I really hope (from a medical standpoint) he's not available for this
weekend's, or even this month's games.  There is some pretty strong
evidence that multiple concussions 1) Predispose you to more concussions
2) negatively impact mental cognition.

As we've seen recently, major concussions do happen in ice hockey.  We
must remember that these student-athletes play hockey for 3 or 4 years in
college, but then most go on to use their brain for something more
academic afterwards.

Now...why isn't there any college hockey in the pacific northwest? I miss
Boston!

--
Matthew Sullivan

Epidemiology - Box 357236