From:
Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 14:32:07 -0500
Today's Boston Globe article by Joe Concannon reports that BC's Chris
Masters was released from Massachusetts General Hospital Tuesday after
observation following a hard elbow to his head in Monday's night's matchup
with Boston University.  All tests were negative, he was diagnosed with a
mild concussion, and required 30 stitches to close facial lacerations.

My commentary:
It wasn't clear from the TV replay whether the cuts to Chris's face were
from the hit or from the edge of the helmet as he landed face-down (and
apparently unconscious) on the ice.

The BU player was not assessed a penalty for the hit, though I thought
while in attendance that there should have been one.  After watching the
TV replay, I still think this hit deserved a penalty.  It may be that Cole
and the assistant refs/linesmen just missed this, or they may have felt
the collision was rough but legal.  Based on how hard he was hit, I doubt
that Chris will be available for this weekend's games with Merrimack, but
you never know ...
Rick McAdoo                        [log in to unmask]
"Volunteer reporter"               A positive BC fan.  GO EAGLES!