From:
David Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 02:00:46 -0500
I would like to add my comments to those of others...

As someone else mentioned, Mr Mees figured prominently into my early
exposure to hockey too.

To this day, if I happened hear him briefly on ESPN, even entirely out of
the context of hockey, his familiar voice would instantly trigger warm
fuzzy hockey fan feelings, just like that certain smell of your favorite
ice arena or the sound of your favorite college team's band breaking into
a familiar fight song after not hearing it all summer.

I'm sure this will continue to be the case, though sadly now, should one
day I stumble across a video tape I made of some or another memorable
game he had called.

I do remember the year that ESPN showed only that one championship
game...and when Tom welcomed viewers to the start of coverage how
happy he looked to be doing that again, the way only a true
hockey fan could appreciate.

 David Wojtowicz, Research Programmer/Systems Manager
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences Computer Services
 email: [log in to unmask]  phone: (217)333-8390