From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 05:10:44 EDT
John-Andrew Murphy <[log in to unmask]> while answering a question that I
posted yesterday.

> Has Notre Dame faced off against many non-Conference teams? Years
> ago, before the university deemphasized the game and Poulin was a
> student, they were in the ECAC so I'm assuming they played these
> teams. (At least according to the hockey team's Hall Of Fame wall,
> they were in the ECAC.)

Having followed ECAC hockey since a couple of years after it was organized
as a league which was, to the best of my knowledge, before Notre Dame had a
varsity program, I can safely state that Notre Dame was never in the ECAC.
They were, however, at one time in the WCHA as Mike Machnik stated.

Ralph