Date:
Thu, 16 May 1996 14:32:26 -0400
I understand that Union has invited 5-7 candidates in for interviews, all DI
assistants.  Anyone have an idea who the candidates might be. Also why has
the list and the press payed so little attention to this, a "virtual" opening
at Mankato generated way more discussion.  I would like to hear what people
have to say about the job, the candidates, the school, the facility, the
league...etc.

To answer my own questions.

The job...Union has a reputation for paying well, their budget is
strong,maybe one of the better ones.  They equipment and the travel appear to
be first class.  Until recently good support from the AD, average support
from the administration.

The candidates...The only one I am aware of is Sneddon.  What I do not
understand is if they have decided on hiring an assistant why go through all
of this, why not just name Sneddon, from the few names I have heard dropped
about there is no one who stand head and shoulder above him.

The School...great school, strong academics, beautiful campus, no
preferential aid(enough said)

The Facility...sort of small(3000), mostly bleachers, always a good crowd(not
always into it), lousy visitor locker rooms, great home locker room, small
lobby, seems like only 2 toilets, , fast ice, tight corners(notice I did not
say small ice, it isn't, its full size...just tight), loud...could be a nice
home ice barn

The league...still no reason they should not be a consistant playoff team anf
every 3-4 years push for home ice and Placid

comments...