From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark J. Sonnier
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:26:05 -0900
At 01:54 PM 3/27/96 -0600, Michael Smar wrote:

>They won't have to fill it to turn a decent profit. Because you can charge more
>for a basketball ticket than a hockey ticket, they won't need to sell out
to make
>a profit, like they would if they stuck with hockey.

Is this really true and, if so, at what level of play?  Also, if so, why?  I
can see hoops tickets in North Carolina or Indiana costing more but it
certainly isn't the case here.  There may be more backyard hoops and gyms in
Alaska than hockey rinks but hockey draws (and charges) way more.

I'd be curious to see if my leanred colleagues in the "united" states would
comment on their schools hoops vs. pucks game ticket prices.

Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.
UAF '90