Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 14:52:03 -0700
Tyler Cyr wrote:

>On another point:
>It seemed to me that one of PC's goals(either the 3rd or 4th) was
>intentionally, no, blatantly kicked in.  It came in the second period.
>Noble stopped the original shot and he looked to be sitting on the puck
>or it was between his legs.  The PC player then kicked between Tom's legs
>and the puck slid behind him into the net.  From the replay I saw it
>looked pretty clear, yet no one seemed to say anything.  Did anyone else
>see this or am I just imagining this.

Watching the game on tape-delay here in colorado (the game finished up
around 2 AM) I wondered the same thing, but figured I was just tired.

Whether it was kicked in is questionable; what does appear certain is that
the Providence player's [Dillabough's] stick was OFF the ice -- so he
couldn't have tipped the puck in. It seems that in the struggle in front of
the net (a BU player was pushing right up against Dillabough) the refs felt
that if the puck slipped out it was the result of the struggle, and not an
intentional kick.

Still, it was very odd that even the announcers didn't make note of this...

(I'm in no way blaming BU's loss on this "call;" they lost, plain and simple)

greenie

S P O O N ! !
(go BU)