From:
"Mark J. Sonnier" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark J. Sonnier
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 12:58:27 -0800
At 04:36 PM 1/30/96 -0500, John Haeussler wrote:

>From the infinite wisdom of:
>Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
>>UNO should maybe worry about fielding a football team (which they
>>haven't been very successful at so far) before it starts thinking about
>>DIVISION 1 hockey.
>
>Wow!  Maybe we should kick Lake Superior out of Division I
>hockey then.  I don't see the pigskin Lakers on TV much on
>Saturday.  Then again, I don't see the North Dakota gridders...
>

>John H (U Mich) [log in to unmask]
>By gummit, if Nebraska fields a hockey team it's going to have to
>be in Lincoln, 'cause everyone knows that you can't play hockey
>without fielding a successful football team first.  Maybe Eric will
>allow Northwestern into the WCHA.  (Hell, we'll take 'em in the CCHA
>and give you guys UIC. :-)

Don't forget that we don't play football in Alaska either (hard to get
Hawaii convinced to let us join the WAC.)  But we can damn well kick some
Lower 48 butt on cross-country skis!  I'll take one of our x-c teamers over
a 300# lineman on the white stuff any day...

<BIG GRIN>

Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.
UAF '90