From:
Bruce E Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce E Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 11:56:51 -0500
Yes, it was agreat game in a new arena and the home team won.

The best thing about the entire night from my perspective was seeing
Travis Roy's father at the game.  I got a chance to speak to him briefly
between periods 2 & 3 and conveyed my best wishes to the family.  (I had
the opportunity to meet Travis when he was being recruited by UNH.)

Another thing that was really nice is that the Friends of Hockey boosters
donated the proceeds of the 50/50 raffle to the Travis Roy fund and gave
coach Parker a check between periods of the game.  The amount came to
over $1,300.

Mike had asked about the press box at the new arena.  They are located at
the concourse level.  There are only 17 rows of seats and the view is
great from the press area.  There is also plenty of room in the press box
and it is located on the visitors side of the ice.

The visiting fans are located in the section behind the visitors bench
for those of you who may be wondering where we put you.  They are good
seats between the red line and blue line.

By the way, the arena does not have a name yet.  The entire complex
(arena and recreational facility) is the Whittemore Center and the ice
rink is the Towse Rink.  The Whittemore family is the same family for
which the Whittemore School of Business and Economics is named.

Bruce Spencer
Asst VP Budget and Finance
UNH '71