From:
Duke Of Earl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1991 13:39:47 TZONE
>>From a personal commentary standpoint, this might have been the best
>thing to happen to Northern Michigan.

It sure did look like an inspired Northern Michigan Wildcat Hockey team.
As Justin pointed out, the defense came together and played an
outstanding game.  Sr. Phil Soukoroff, who sat out the second MTU game to watch
and learn, came to last evenings game revitalized as did the team in
general.

Coach Comley's move in pulling Sr. Mark Beaufait from the Hiller-Beattie
line has proved to be a smart move.  Mark was _Mr. Hustle_ last evening
which was very good to see.  (Sr. Dallas Drake appears to be the winger
of the Hiller-Beattie line)

Freshman goaltender Corwin Saurdiff played strong between the pipes and
recorded his second assist of the season.  He has very good stick
handling abilities and appears to be very confident.

The game was more like a hockey match as the ref (Ricci) seemed to allow
more contact.  From a fan perspective this was a great game to watch.

On a sidenote:  We should welcome Justin Doherty, NMU's Hockey SID, to
our list.  I have been recruiting Justin for two years now and they
finally appeared to have put a modem in his office.  Nice to have you
on the list Justin.
--