From:
"Carl H. Ford" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl H. Ford
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 12:49:54 -0500
On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Patrick Fleming wrote:

>For example, we have seen one comment on how a winless team who plays only
>Maine can be ranked very highly using the RPICH algorythm [sic] for example.

I seem to recall it posted that the winless opponent of Maine would not
be ranked very highly by RPICH because their opponent's opponents' winning
percentage would be quite low because many of Maine's opponent in many games
would be the winnless team itself.  In summation, the winless team's
percentage (.000) would drag down its RPICH rating.

Carl Ford
BU '93
GO TERRIERS!!!
GO GOPHERS!!!