From:
John Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1993 15:47:35 PDT
Did anyone else notice that several players, particularly Paul Kariya, had
problems with losing an edge during the first period?  Since it was the first
time I had seen Kariya (via ESPN, not in Milwaukee) I was expecting great
things.  He fell a couple of times rushing the puck out of the Maine zone
where he was not being checked by a Laker, and was going straight ahead.  It
had to have been either a bad edge on his skate, or problems with the ice
surface.  Since the problems went away in the second and third periods, I
don't know if he got his skates worked on, or if the ice surface was improved.

Can anyone who saw the game live, or has some scoup from the Black Bear locker
room comment?

BTW, after Kariya's third period performance setting up Montgomery for those
point-blank shots, I am duly impressed with all parts of his game!

-John Hughes
Amdahl/Advanced Systems
Fremont CA