From:
Craig Cheslog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1992 09:49:41 -0500
From what I read this morning, it looks like the NC$$ has succeeded in making
sure that television coverage of the new improved tournament is minimized.
This is stupid.

I *was* looking forward to a great weekend of watching hockey and the other
NC$$ tournament that is currently is progress. Unfortunately, because I am
unable to get to Providence, I will miss out on most of the hockey action.

This blackout just doesn't make sense. One, why are they blacking out the
entire eastern area for the sake of Providence? Blackouts are common, but
not blackouts of a 1000 mile area! Just look at the NC$$ basketball tournament,
some of the first and second round games were not played in filled arenas,
but they still got, yep, NATIONAL network television coverage.

According to the news reports I have read about this, it looks like the NC$$
has no real guidelines to handle this type of situation. Perhaps this is a
rhetorical question, but who in the world is in charge of this situation,

Am I the only one who thinks that the great national body of intercollegiate
athletics is a little preoccupied with the other national tournament to make
sure the hockey tournament is run properly?

				My best,

				Craig Cheslog
				Bowdoin '93

P.S. Obviously, the use of the word "great" in the last paragraph of my
message should be read with a great, great deal of sarcasm.