Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1992 13:49:22 -0500
As somebody has already posted, the Fighting Cardinals of Plattsburgh State
won the championship game over the Pointers of UW-Stevens Point.  I watched
the game on live TV broadcast produced by the local student video
organization.  Since I had never watched the Pointers on TV before, its hard
for me to compare their performance with the games I watched live, but I'll
try anyway.

We wuz beat!  PS is the first team I have seen this year who were as quick as
we are across all lines.  The Pointers are deep, but PS is just as deep.
Also, Chin (goalie) did not have a great game and we missed some opportunities
to score that we should have had.  3 on 0 and 2 on 0 breaks should produce at
least one goal against almost anyone.  If this had been played on neutral ice,
I think we would have still lost.  If it had been home ice, *maybe* we could
have prevailed.  So, hats off to the best of Div III, the Cardinals.  Guess
we'll just have to settle for second best this year.

One thing this points out, however, is that there is a real advantage to home
ice.  Its time the Div III playoffs were held on a neutral ice surface
someplace.

Tom Rowe                              Internet: [log in to unmask]
As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand
          Josh Billings