From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1992 08:42:52 U
Beth Weise wrote:
>Our local news (WNYT) just showed a video of the hit when McNamara was
>injured.  ... I believe this is the first time the injury has been mentioned
on >this station.

This morning, WENY (Ch 36, Elmira, Corning, Ithaca) reported that McNamara is
out of coma, still in intensive care, but out of critical condition.  It seems
that Mike has improved quite a bit in his condition and by the relaxed tone of
the news anchor's voice, I take that to mean the worst has passed for Mike
McNamara.  Let's hope he will recover quickly and come back healthy.

WENY also treated the report as a news item, at the end of the five-minute
local news slot at 7:25am during "Good Morning America."

Tom