From:
THAD MARSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1992 09:25:00 EST
        In regards to Bill's posting I would just like to add that Mercyhurst
is on break this week.  So the one who is traveling the farthest is in fact
Plattsburgh.  I as a student a very offended that a team a fine as the Cards
has to sacrifice their hard work and dedication for some lame reason.  Of the
concerns  the EC$C mentioned were ECONOMIC....  Cocidering that then why is
Middlebury college hosting the East tournment this year again after losing
so much money last year.  Plattsburgh drew more than 7,000 fans last
weekend for the SUNYAC's.  Seems to me that the ECAC stands to lose a lot
of dough!!  It also bothers me that the committe made up of Mary Barrett,
UMass-Boston;  Thomas Lawson,Middlebury; Steve Stirling,Babson; Lou Spiotti,RIT;
   Lee Roberts, Cortland; John Galaris,Salem State; and of course Pat Thompson,
Elmira; can change things with the wave of their magic wand.  We as fans
will be hard pressed to find a bus on such short notice to make the
journey to the southern teir.  I glad were not far from Montreal because
we have to find someone to fill the hotels the Mercyhurst and Fredonia
just cancelled.

        I am sure that this posting will meet with some opposition
but it is important that people know the great injustice that the
community and school has just incurred at the hands of the ECAC.