From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1992 10:12:04 EDT
>* The Committee voted to recommend to the NC$$ Executive Committee that Joe
>Louis Arena in Detroit and the Centrum in Worcester, Mass., be selected as
>sites for the 1993 West and East regionals, respectively. The regionals will
>be March 26-27, 1993. The committee did, however, leave open the possibility
>that it may decide to conduct the regionals at on-campus sites after 1993,
>noting that the *financial health* of the championship must be maintained.

Notice the dates! The games will be played on subsequent days. Good. I bet
the executive committee thought the staggered days were the reason for the
poor attendance, not the regional sites. We shall see...

>*Voted to recommend to the NC$$ Executive Committee that the championship
>bracket be expanded to 16 teams, citing clear support for expansion by the
>American Hockey Coaches Association.

Huh? This is old stuff. The coaches have ALWAYS been in favor of 16 teams,
haven't they?

>* Voted to continue to use the Ratings Percentage Index as a guideline in the
>selection process and expressed the view that the selection-criteria system is
>working satisfactory.

Good.

>* Voted to provide automatic qualification to the Eastern College Athletic
>Conference, Hockey East, and the Central Collegiate Hockey and Western
>Collegiate Hockey Associations.

Huh? Does this mean "automatic qualification" of *2 teams*?

>* Noted that a recent Executive Commitee decision regarding polls would
>preclude the NC$$ from conducting a Division I poll in the future.

Huh? No more poll from the selection committee?? Anybody know what
"recent decision" they are talking about?

Keith