From:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 17:29:45 EST
The main reason why you haven't seen any comments from me
on the CC games as I was in Washington on an NSF Panel and
didn't get to the games.  Thus I can only comment from
"hear-say". I am puzzled by the comments on the Fearns-Mikesch
penalty Saturday night as weell as by other reported calls.

Apparently, talking with people who went to the game, Fearns
high-sticked and elbowed Mikesch against the boards. When Mikesch
fell back against Fearns, Fearns complained to the ref.  The ref then
gave Fearns 10 minute misconduct. As a after thought, the ref then
turns to Mikesch and gives him a 2 minute minor. Did the ref see
a penalty? If so, why didn't he call it earlier? If not, why did
he react to Fearns? I am puzzled.

Second incident reported was when Jensen was highsticked to the
point of being bloodied. Why did the ref give the CC player a
5 minute major and then Jenson a 2 minute minor? The calls
Saturday night that I have seen reported were very strange!

Walt Olson
MTU