Sender:
From:
R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1992 22:59:34 EST
A recent communication from Brian Farenell made me realize that my posting
about what I might say to Mr. Croce while he was going under the gas may have
been taken wrong by many people.  Since people out there don't know me (I
forget this at times), the statement could be seen as being in poor taste.  I
was simply frustrated by the fact that there are many intlelligent people on
this list
and he called us "disturbed people with passwords."  We have engineers, future
doctors, students at all these wonderful schools that play hockey (and even
wonderful schools that don't play hockey, and many other bright people doing
many things), and I was
just struck by the irony that someday, Mr. Croce might have to rely on the
skills and dedication of the people he now refers to as "disturbed."  My
posting was only meant to convey this irony (It was entitled "A disturbed
Person With a Password") and not meant to convey that I would at any time or
with any patient, ever actually carry out such an act or make such a statement
regardless of how I felt about that patient.

For those who may have been offended or felt that my posting was in bad taste,
I hereby retract it and you all have my apologies.

Just a very tired, very stressed med student who works his butt off and took
Croce's statement about being disturbed too seriously.

--
Dave [log in to unmask]
Cornell '91 OSU Med '95