From:
Adam Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1991 12:09:48 -0500
My guess is that the reason BU is refered to as just "Boston" is that
that is what is says on their jerseys, just "Boston".

I myself consider BU the best form of reference, but I would find
"Boston U" preferable to just "Boston", especially considering the
fact that BU has been selling some sweaters and stuff with that
written on it for the last few years.  [Before then, it would always
say either "BU" or the full "Boston University".]

adam bryant
Boston University '89
ps. All I care about is that we don't get confused with "BC".  [I used
to HATE getting asked:  'So is that where Doug Flutie went to school?'
:-)]