From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1991 19:51:18 GMT
>		CINCINNATI TO HOST 1996 NCAA FINAL FOUR

I like this.  It will be the first time the Final Four is held in Ohio.
And it's a good, central location.  See you all in Cincinnati in 4 1/2 years.

	      DETROIT'S JOE LOUIS ARENA TO HOST 1992 NCAA WEST REGIONALS

>The NCAA Hockey Committee has announced the selections of Detroit and
>Providence to host the 1992 NCAA West and East regionals, respectively.  East
>regionals will be held on Thursday and Saturday, March 26th and 28th, while
>the West regionals will take place on Friday and Sunday, March 27th and 29th.

Wouldn't it be great if someone, maybe Prime/SportsChannel, picked up
national coverage of the tournament?  Suddenly, we are in a situation where
no two games anywhere in the nation will be played simultaneously, as
opposed to having 4 games played at the same time.  I wonder if anyone is
making any efforts to market this.  I'd like to be able to see the West
regionals on the nights I'm not in the Civic Center.

With 2 teams from each region being sent out to the other region, it may
depend on who gets sent East/West as to whether a local channel will pick
it up.  My understanding is that the NCAA wants too much $$$ for a national
cable channel to be interested.

- mike