From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1991 13:05:00 CDT
>I'm going to throw in the Wisconsin perspective here. First, I understand
Carol and Erik's point of view. Wisconsin traditionally has a fast skating team
>more suited to a large rink. The Gophers usually play slow-down clutch and
>grab hockey that really frustrates the Badgers, and their past record in the
>barn can attest to that. I think the game at the Met will be more of a home
>game for the Badgers because of the size of the rink at the barn vs the Met.

????? The rink at Mariucci is bigger than the ones in the Met Center or Dane
County Coliseum.  Neither Minnesota nor Wisconsin plays a clutch-and-grab
style -- that's why they are so fun to watch.  If your theory is correct,
the Badgers should prefer to play in Mariucci.  Am I missing something here?
Besides a rational mind, that is. ;-)

>As already stated, alot more fans will be able to see the game, but alot more
>Wisconsin fans will be able to as well. So, there's two points in favor of
>Wisconsin. However, probably the most important point to bring up here is that
>the Met is not on the campus of the University of Minnesota. So, if Minnesota
is like Wisconsin in that no beer can be served at University events ON CAMPUS,
>then they should be able to sell beer at the game (the Badgers play off campus
>which is why they can sell beer at the games). So tell us the important facts
>Carol and Erik, will they sell beer? Could very well be the difference between
>making the big trip from California or not.

Excellent question, Louie!  You've definitely got the Wisconsin perspective.
I don't know yet, but will pass the information along as soon as I find out.

-- Erik