From:
Dean Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1991 08:56:09 CDT
>  It was announced today by the Athletic Department that the November 16th game
>  against the Wisconsin Badgers has been moved to the Met Center!

I like this. It's going to give me a chance to see a game I wouldn't
normally get to see.

>  Evidently, the Athletic Department is thinking in terms of $$$ instead of
>  tradition.  Since we also play the Badgers in Football that weekend, they are
>  nicknaming the weekend the "Border-Battle" weekend. Oh Puleese!! =:-o

What's wrong with this? It's going to give people a chance to get more
interested in college athletics. I think it would be a fun day to attend
both games and by moving the hockey game to the Met Center I have a chance
to do this.

>  The Ticket Office informed me that every effort will be made to accomodate
>  season ticket holders with "comparable" seats at the Met Center. Since I have
>  a center-ice seat, I was really concerned.  I am also really ANGRY.

Why? Are you afraid the vocal Badger fans are going to drown out all of
the Gopher fans? :-)

>  If you are a Gopher Fan and are upset about this, please call the Ticket
>  Office and complain (624-8080). If you are a Badger fan, you can now get more
>  tickets.

I'm going to call the ticket office and thank them.

>  Carol
>  U of M
>  GO Gophers!!!

C'mon now Carol, this really isn't as bad as you are all making it out
to be.

Dean