From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 11:31:21 EST
>Interesting story from Ann Arbor.  Hadn't heard this from my Fairbanks sources.
>Someone from CCHA-land correct me if needed:  I'd thought the deal which
>brought UAF to the CCHA as an "affiliate member" included eventual inclusion as
>a full-fledged member.  Apparently that's not true?

NO!! There were explicitly NO plans to ever include UAF full-time. It has been always
"one year at a time" with UAF.

We got the same news down here in BG. Commissioner Bill Beagan issued some
statement this week, so something must be going on behind closed doors.

If UAF does not join the WCHA, then the CCHA may implement a schedule (already created)
where UAF plays every CCHA full member twice next year. UAF would be upgraded
from "affiliate" to "associate" in name. None of the 22 games would count
for anything in the league, but it would make it easier for UAF to do its
scheduling.

College hockey would be better off if UAF were in the WCHA, IMHO, however.

Keith