From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 90 18:42:00 EDT
        All this talk about rowdy pep bands makes me think of a few of the
things that have gone on in my 2 years in the Union College Pep Band. The band
is not known to being very rowdy, but we did apparently cross over a line that
we should not have crossed 2 years ago. It was the first round of the NCAA Div
3 playoffs, and Union was playing Babson. Being a playoff games, there were 3
referees. (Div 3 has only 2 for reg. season) The band thought the refs calls
were very bad. So we made up a few bars of "Three Blind Mice." The crowd loved
it, but the Athletic Director thought it was too much. We were told that we
would be kicked out if we played that again. I thought this was an
overreaction, but he (the AD) was not happy at all... Any other pep band
stories???

Jim Teresco
Union College
Go Dutchmen! (UConn exhibition Saturday!!)