From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 90 12:39:02 EDT
Some of you have pointed out some duplicate postings.  Thank you!
(Please send all concerns about the list to [log in to unmask] or
WTS@MAINE on BITNET/CREN).  We have spent many hours trying to track
down the problem.  I have just learned that many other LISTSERV lists
are having the same problem: it's not just HOCKEY-L.  Now with the many
top-notch folks looking at the problem, we should have a resolution in a
short time.  Have patience ...  and keep those great postings coming:
HOCKEY-L wants to hear from YOU!

Some of you have also raised concerns that your postings are being
rejected.  There are two scenarios for the rejections I have seen:

   1. LISTSERV rejects a posting because somewhere in the mail is a mail
      header of a HOCKEY-L mailing.  This most often happens when your
      mailer includes the whole of a mail file (including the header)
      when you reply to a HOCKEY-L posting.

      Suggestions: Your posting did not make it to the list.  Before
         resending your reply, remove the "mail header" in the body of
         your reply.  (actually only lines containing the HOCKEY-L
         address *must* be removed)

   2. LISTSERV rejects a posting because the body of the posting is
      exactly like a recent HOCKEY-L posting.

      Suggestions: Discard this mail, your posting made it to the list.
         LISTSERV is rejecting an "echo" of your posting.

Hope this helps! (and keep those cards and letters coming!) Wayne